Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Mom was wrong in Verona car crash

In the early hours of Monday, Sept. 24, four people were killed after the car they were in went off a windy road and crashed. In today's Wisconsin State Journal, the mother of the driver expressed anger at all the negative attention her now-deceased son has received. Although my heart goes out to her and the parents of the other victims, this mother should feel responsible, more so than simply saying "I feel responsible because it was my car."

Holy shit! Did she say that? Her son had a lengthy record of traffic-related convictions, PLUS his license had been revoked. The mom, in fact, told her son to drive his friends home! Maybe she should have said, "I feel responsible because I know he's a bad driver and I sent him and his friends to their death."

No comments: